Closing Date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Job Start Date: ASAP
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Part-time
Salary Details: Grade C – 29.58 hours £13,280-£13,987 (£18,933-£19,941 FTE) Mon–Fri 09:00–15:40 Term time only plus 5 days
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy individual to join our team as a Science Technician. The successful candidate will support teaching and learning within the department by organising practical learning opportunities and will have responsibility for the preparation and setting up of apparatus for science experiments and demonstration, as directed by the Senior Science Technician. Other duties include:
- Assisting with the setting up of demonstration experiments and with class apparatus/equipment.
- Support teaching and learning by ensuring that students work in a safe and well-equipped environment for practical work.
- Assisting in the preparation of materials.
- Setting out basic apparatus and equipment for practical work as directed.
- Assistance with the construction of simple apparatus and preparation of simple solutions as instructed.
Good subject knowledge supported by at least one Science GCSE are essential. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work flexibly and independently are important qualities for the role as well as being efficiently organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Further details and an application form are available via our website: www.crookhorn.hants.sch.uk. For an informal discussion please contact Sean Russell, Head of Subject Science at email@example.com