Deputy Head of Subject Science – TLR 2B
Closing Date: Friday 8th March 2024 – Noon
Job Start Date: September 2024
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Salary Details: MPR/UPR £30,000-£46,525 + TLR 2B £5,355
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher with the skills, experience and energy to be deputy head of subject in our Science Department. We welcome applications from ambitious teachers looking for a new challenge, who feel that they have the passion, drive and determination to develop their leadership skills in order to make an impact on the learning of our students. As a College our ambition is for students to achieve levels of success which surpass their expectations. Crookhorn was judged as a Good school in 2019 and we are proud of the ethos and community feel of the College.
We are looking for a highly skilled practitioner who:
- is passionate about all aspects of learning in Science;
- is possessed of excellent subject knowledge and personal initiative;
- has the ability to inspire, lead and manage members of staff;
- has the academic knowledge to be able to ensure the curriculum is planned appropriately to ensure the sequential building of knowledge and skills;
- is inspirational and enthusiastic with high expectations of themself and their students;
- is able to motivate and enthuse students, regardless of background or attainment level to be ambitious for their own futures;
- is able to ensure student progress through excellent quality first teaching;
- is able to work as part of a team and teach across the age and attainment range;
- has ideas and imagination to build on current good practice:
- is ready to contribute to the next stage of the Department’s development; and
- is ambitious for their own professional and career development.
The TLR responsibility includes the following:
- Support in the academic design and implementation of the curriculum maps and the Medium Term plans for all years but with specific responsibility for Year 7 and 8.
- Deputise for the Head of Subject as and when required.
- Take a lead in the monitoring of assessment and feedback in Year 7 and 8.
- Oversee data analysis of student progress in Year 7 and 8.
In return we offer:
• a supportive and welcoming community of professionals who value and support its staff;
• coaching for every member of staff;
• excellent opportunities and preparation for career development;
• high quality professional learning opportunities.
The post will provide excellent opportunities and preparation for career development in a College that values and supports its staff. Crookhorn is committed to a coaching culture for all its staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Further details and an application form are available via our website: www.crookhorn.hants.sch.uk or email: email@example.com. For an informal discussion please contact Chris Potts, Assistant Headteacher on Extension 235.