Ethos and Values
Everything we do at Crookhorn is underpinned by our four fundamental cornerstones of RESPECT, COMMITMENT, ACHIEVEMENT and RESPONSIBILITY, which are embodied in our Cornerstones Code:
THE CORNERSTONES CODE
- I will RESPECT that at Crookhorn learning in the classroom is the priority.
- I will be RESPECTFUL, polite and considerate at all times and follow the teachers’ directions in a positive manner.
- I will show RESPECT for the College by wearing the College uniform in the correct way.
- I will RESPECT other people’s property and listen and value their opinions.
- I will RESPECT the College and class environment by eating only at lunch and break time and putting my rubbish in the bin.
- I will take RESPONSIBILITY for my own learning.
- I will take RESPONSIBILITY for the care of my environment, buildings, College grounds and community.
- I will take RESPONSIBILITY for my actions and consider how they may affect the learning, health and safety of others.
- I will take RESPONSIBILITY for how I move around the College.
- I will act RESPONSIBLY by leaving valuables at home.
- I will show COMMITMENT to my learning environment by keeping noise and disruption to a level that does not disturb the learning of others.
- I will show COMMITMENT to my education by arriving on time to registration and lessons.
- I will show COMMITMENT to my house team by supporting, though my participation, College and community events
- I will ACHIEVE my potential by always bring the correct equipment to each lesson
- I will ACHIEVE my potential by making sure my behaviour enables me to focus on my personal achievement targets
- I will work hard to ACHIEVE my potential in class work and homework
Promoting British Values
As of September 2014, the DfE requires all schools to promote the historical and current values that underpin the national identity known as “Being British”. Within this, all schools are required to ensure that the curriculum actively promotes these fundamental British values.